Conservation Youth Corps
Provide local high school students with opportunities to engage in conservation and natural resource management projects in a safe, structured and science based environment. Through CYC, we are cultivating the Green Leaders of tomorrow and with each tree planted, the CYC is helping to ensure that we have a river to swim in, paddle on, fish in and drink from.
The Foundation board provides leadership of the CYC Campaign. Members of the Board of Directors are local residents and community members dedicated to ensuring an environmentally healthy watershed for economically and socially sustainable communities.
Our Success to Date:
Since 2007 CYC has:
- Planted 30,000 trees in the Credit River Watershed. Contributed more than 9,000 volunteer hours planting trees to help our planet combat climate change, provide essential habitats for an array of species and contribute to the biodiversity and health of the entire watershed.
- Participated in invasive species control projects and mapping at Rattray Marsh Conservation Area, Parks in the City Brampton and Terra Cotta Conservation Area
- Participated in stream and shoreline rehabilitation projects at Upper Credit Conservation Area, Caledon Lake, Rattray Marsh, Belfountain Conservation Area and the Clark Property
- Constructed boardwalk, low level creek crossing and trail at Terra Cotta Conservation Area
- Installed garbage kiosks in Inglewood
- Constructed bird boxes, bat boxes and salamander boards
- Participated in the Family Fishing Weekend at Lake Aquitaine, Mississauga
- Participated in Island Lake Charity Fishing Tournament, Orangeville
- Cleaned-up Mill Creek in Orangeville
How You Can Support CYC:
Make a cash donation
Gifts can be made in the form of cash, cheque, money order, credit card or online.
Make an in-kind donation of goods
Donors considering gifts of building materials, equipment or services should contact the Foundation for advice. The campaign committee has a list of specific materials, equipment and services needed for the trail development and bridge construction. Where appropriate, tax receipts for gifts-in-kind can be provided.
Get your business or community organization involved
You have the opportunity to have a direct and profound impact on our community. Whether it is through sponsorships, donations, services or volunteers there are countless ways we can work together.
Give of yourself. Volunteers are always needed on our various fundraising sub-committees. Opportunities to assist with special events, grant writing, donor recognition etc. always exist.
Attend our annual Conservation Gala or Canoe the Credit Events.
Annually, we host two signature events in support of the Conservation Youth Corps. Our Conservation Gala and Canoe the Credit. Get involved. Attend. Spread the word
CYC Case for Support